So over the last month we have...
...expanded our crew and adopted another boxer. Everyone meet Bailey! Her and Kaiser are the best of friends and love playing all day long. She came to us from a horrible home, and thanks to a local rescue in the area, MCFOTS, we are so excited to have her as part of the family.
...celebrated 4 years of "official" marriage with my hubby. The traditional gift for the 4th anniversary is fruit and flowers. Obviously, most men don't like a bouquets of flowers so I made a man bouquet! It consisted of cigars, a Starbucks gift card, and booze.
...ran in my first trail race. All I have to say is, oh boy! This race really made me realize how out of shape I am after not running for a couple of months little while. I guess I will really have to start getting back into the swing of things before my next race in November. Maybe a new challenge next month?!
...threw a surprise birthday party for my good friend Jill. If any of you know Jill, it's hard to keep secrets from her, so that we were able to pull this off was a huge accomplishment. We even got her hubby involved who is overseas!
...went pumpkin picking for the first time outside of NY. We found this great local farm where we got to feed animals, ride on a hayride, go through a corn maze (or as Matt calls it, "a maize maze"), and pick pumpkins from an actual pumpkin patch! Of course we had to hit up Cracker Barrel before we went. ;)
They are two peas in a pod
Grinding up the corn and feeding the farm animals
Hay ride!
The little ones leading us through the corn maze.
Picking out the best pumpkins we could find
...and last, but certainly not least, celebrated two of our best friends getting married. We drove up to Chicago this past weekend to celebrate at the Drake Hotel. It was such a beautiful wedding, and the bonus was that we got to see our families and friends!
Well thanks for sticking through another marathon recap, and enjoy the rest of your Thursday, it's almost Friday!







Yay! I am so happy about the dogs!
ReplyDeleteAwww the new boxer is toooo cute!!!! And congrats on 4 years wishing ya'll many many more
ReplyDelete