We were lucky enough to start block leave the same weekend as Easter. We packed our bags, and Kaiser, and headed to Chicago. What a great time we had there! We got to see the entire family and a few friends while we were in town. Family and friends are super important to Matt and I that we were glad to see everyone before we left.
One of my goals before Matt left was to take pictures of our happy little family. We were celebrating our one year wedding anniversary and Kaiser's one year adoption anniversary, that I wanted to photo document it all. I found a wonderful photographer out here that was willing to work on our schedule and with Kaiser most importantly. Our pictures came out amazing! Just to give you a little taste........
On to our next adventure of block leave- The Kentucky Bourbon Trail! When we get to a new home we like to explore our "local" area. Even though Louisville, KY is a few hour drive from good old Clarksville we didn't care. We packed up the car and headed due North with some great friends, Ben and Stephanie and the pups. There are 6 bourbon distilleries in all and we got to go to three of them. By far Maker's Mark was the best! We got to go on a tour, watch them assemble a barrel, taste test 2 different types, and Ben got to dip a bottle in red wax.
Ready! Dip,
Twist, Done!
We had a great time in Louisville, but it was on to our next adventure- Columbus, GA! We were excited to get down to visit everyone in Columbus. We were looking forward to just hanging out, relaxing, and catching up with our friends. I can't believe how quick kids grow! We haven't seen them in about 6 months and they are already crawling and on their way to walking. We had great weather while we were in GA and I was super happy to hang out pool side and BBQ while in town.
These kids grow like weeds!
Kaiser got to see his girlfriend Sauerkraut too!
All good things must come to an end and that is how I felt when leave was over. That brought us to the dreaded deployment time. Saying goodbye isn't easy. For many of my fellow Army wives out there it is just a matter of time before our loved ones must leave us for an undetermined amount of time to put their training to good use. This was the first time that I was in the same location as Matt when he boarded the bus to head out. I hate saying goodbye to him but I know that he will be back soon enough.
The key to making the time fly by is to keep busy. I have a bunch of trips planned and a ton of activities to keep me busy here. No need to worry, Matt won't be missing out on all the adventures I have planned while he is gone. Introducing.........
Flat Matt!
Make sure to check back for the new adventures of Flat Matt and I!







I LOVE the flat Matt!! Can't wait to hang out on the beach together, and have a drink! :)
ReplyDelete