Our garden grows in buckets! Yes, you read that correctly, BUCKETS!
I really wanted to try gardening and see if I had a green thumb like my nanny always use to have. Our house was built on clay, tons and tons of red clay. So naturally, a garden wouldn't grow too well in clay. I did some research, and thanks to Pinterest, I found a great tutorial on how to plant a garden in buckets. Off to Home Depot we went to collect our supplies. We decided to stick with a few vegetable and herb plants (tomato, peppers, string beans, and basil) to test run our green thumbs. We were doing soooo well until the cold snap. Mother nature decided that we were getting spoiled with 85° weather in early April that she blew in some wicked cold weather. The temperature at night has dropped to as low as 40° and our poor plants didn't survive. This is what they look like now:
No comments:
Post a Comment