This past weekend Matt and I got the chance to go to Lake Charles, Louisiana to visit my Aunt Margie and Uncle Philie. It has been so long since I've been to the Cajun country it was nice to get there again. On the way down we battled with a blown out truck tire and in the end we prevailed....with slight damage. (A bonus to pulling over at a rest stop, I got to see my first fan boat up close and personal!)We didn't let that get in the way of us having a good time with everyone.
It has been awhile since I have seen them so we were happy that we were able to make it to Louisiana before our big move to Tennessee. We got to do a lot of catching up and also had a chance to grab some dinner with my cousins Kevin and Michelle.
Kaiser had a great time with Uncle Philie! He taught Kaiser to jump up on the bed (Thanks Uncle Phil!), they shared crackers and cheese, and Kaiser showed off his running skills in the big back yard. Kaiser was so exhausted he slept all day Monday, which I certainly loved so I could pack up the house!
It was so good to see everyone I wish we all lived closer!


No comments:
Post a Comment